It's Never Too Late For a Confident Smile
Contrary to popular belief, orthodontic treatment is not only for young children and teenagers at Sandifer Orthodontics.
Many adults in Jackson have sought out orthodontics to achieve the healthiest and best-looking smile possible.
Benefits of Adult Orthodontics
Adults have taken notice that orthodontic treatment has many benefits in addition to the cosmetic and aesthetic appearance of straight teeth. Namely, properly aligned jaws and teeth are highly beneficial in terms of a person’s overall health.
For instance, teeth that are aligned properly are much easier to clean, reducing the possibility of cavities and gum disease. In addition, proper jaw and tooth alignment minimizes the possibility of mechanical issues that can lead to loud or painful jaw clicking.
If you’ve dealt with crowded and blocked-out teeth, you may be accustomed to concealing your smile due to poor aesthetics.
By utilizing cutting-edge technology with tailored treatment, Sandifer Orthodontics can help you achieve a confident smile that you can proudly show off for the rest of your life.
Adult Treatment Options
A range of treatments is available for adults — from traditional braces to less visible treatment options like Invisalign aligners. Orthodontic treatment is equally effective for adults as it is for kids and teens.
However, considering that an adult’s teeth and jaws are fully formed after the age of 20, it may take a bit longer to align the teeth as they are in more dense bone.
Limited orthodontic correction can take as little as a year, while comprehensive treatment normally takes longer — between 18 and 30 months. Within two years, most treatments are fully completed.
At Sandifer Orthodontics, we are also proud to offer Propel, an accelerated orthodontics procedure that has been shown to reduce treatment time up to 30%. We educate our patients on the fact that this option fosters more predictability of tooth movement when coupled with braces or Aligners.
Of course, to a certain extent, the treatment time also depends on your home routine and overall compliance.
The more you comply with Dr. Sandifer's prescribed hygiene practices and food guidelines, the higher the likelihood that the treatment will finish on time or, in some cases, early.
Dr. Sandifer needs you to make regular check-ups and adjustment visits a priority to avoid any potential delays in treatment.
These appointments are crucial since detailed monitoring by Dr. Sandifer is an important aspect of keeping treatment on track and watching the health of the periodontium (bony housing/gums holding the teeth in the jaw).
Signs You May Benefit from Adult Orthodontics
If you feel that you have one of the issues mentioned below, we would strongly recommend scheduling a free consultation with Dr. Sandifer. Take a look at some of the most common signs indicating treatment may be advised:
- Your teeth are protruding/sticking out: this can lead to trauma/fracture of these teeth without anything to cushion or protect them
- You are experiencing difficulty in biting or chewing — you frequently bite the insides of your mouth or lips; your bottom and top teeth do not touch (anterior open bite), which results in difficulty in biting into a sandwich.
- Your upper or bottom teeth are crowded, or you have trouble flossing
- You feel that you frequently hide your smile and that it has prevented you from fully succeeding in life
- Your bite is so deep in the front (front teeth overlap completely or almost completely), which can result in incisal wear/fracture of lower teeth.
What to Expect at Your Consultation
Our team at Sandifer Orthodontics in Jackson is pleased to offer free orthodontic consultations.
Here are some of the steps that Dr. Sandifer will take during your personal consultation:
- Check the number of teeth you have
- Determine if you have issues with your bite (overbite, underbite, etc.)
- Check for problems with teeth alignment (crowding, spacing, etc.)
- Check whether your gums are ready for the treatment
- Answer any questions that you might have and recommend treatment for you
FAQs About Adult Orthodontics
Start your journey towards a healthy new smile today and schedule your free consultation with Dr. Sandifer.
Let's talk about your orthodontic options and develop a treatment plan that's customized to your needs and smile goals.