New Patients – First Visit
We are always excited about meeting new patients during their first visit to our practice. Your initial appointment will consist of a thorough examination and a discussion of potential treatment options. This important 30-minute visit will give us insight into your orthodontic needs. We know your time is valuable, so to expedite treatment, we may also reserve time following the exam for diagnostic records. The records include X-rays, photos and a digital scan for study models and are necessary for developing the appropriate treatment plan. This additional appointment will last approximately 20-30 minutes.
What to expect during your initial visit.
During the initial examination for each patient, we will address the following questions that cover the basics of orthodontic treatment. We encourage you to ask questions as well.
- Is there a condition that orthodontics can address?
- Is treatment needed now or should treatment be delayed until appropriate growth, tooth eruption, or other factors have occurred?
- What treatment procedures will be used to correct the problem?
- Do any permanent teeth need to be removed?
- How long will treatment take?
- How much will it cost?
- What are my payment options?
While we can often answer these general questions about treatment during the initial examination, we will address specific areas after careful analysis of the diagnostic records. We feel it is important to analyze each patient’s specific needs because focused planning leads to superior results and higher patient satisfaction.
See also: Invisalign for Teens
We will discuss treatment options, time frames, and financial arrangements. We insist that our patients leave the office with a clear understanding of their specific needs, what the treatment will consist of, and how long it will take. Also, we will answer any additional questions.
Please assist us by providing the following information at the time of your first visit:
- Any panoramic X-ray is taken within the past six months, if available.
- If you have orthodontic insurance, bring your insurance card. By providing this information at the first visit, we will be able to give you an estimate of your costs.
Need to schedule an appointment?